Friday, September 26, 2014

Last Steps Before Press

SILENCE is about ready to go to press for its March 2015 release.  On the one hand, I am so excited to share this story with readers.  I can't wait to see if people love Hayden and Stella's story as much as I do.  But on the other hand, I am sad to say goodbye.  These are my last days sifting through the manuscript, working hand in hand with the characters to tell their stories.  And that means these are my last days with Stella and Hayden.  My journey with this story has been a long one as I imagined it for years before writing it--and even then, it went through so many drafts I have lost count. 


Last week, my brilliant and insightful editor, Lisa Mangum, and I wrote discussion questions for teachers, librarians and book clubs.  I think it was in writing the questions that I finally realized how close I am to publication.  I am so grateful I will have the chance to talk about the book in promotion and read some of it at book signings and school visits.  But these are my last moments creating SILENCE.  This book is about hope, and writing it gave me hope.  So my greatest wish is that it brings hope to all the people who read it--and that they love Stella and Hayden as much as I do.


D.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment