Sunday, November 3, 2013

Writing Challenge for November

Hi there.  I can't believe it is November already!  My daughter and I were in the grocery store Friday morning, and we were shocked to see that holiday items were already being stocked on the shelves.  It seems that the moment Halloween is over, we roll right into the holidays.  I always feel like November and December fly by with so much to do.  And this makes it so much more difficult to find time to write, especially if you are juggling kids and a day job.  I think the thing that helps me the most is remembering that I write because I love it.  Writing is an escape.  It's the present I give myself. 

So my challenge to you this November is to write.  Even if you only have a few minutes--write something.  Anything.

Here's a November exercise:

Change is in the air.  You can smell it, taste it, feel it.  Write about someone making a change.  Maybe it is a welcome change that brings hope with it.  Or maybe it is a change that signals defeat and loss.  If you have a work-in-progress, try bringing a change into your plot.  Something the main character wasn't expecting.  See where it takes you.

Happy November!

D.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment