Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How I Saved Hansel

Hi there, it's Me, Kate Walsh. 10 years old, fan of skateboarding and riding horses. I'm writing posts for Deborah because she's busy working on a new novel and hasn't had time to blog lately.

A few weeks ago, I discovered a magical book. I know, it sounds crazy and unbelievable. But it's true. It was just a dusty old book of fairy tales. A book I thought I was way too old to even read. But this strange old woman with purple eyes convinced me that I needed to read it. She told me the book would take me on a journey. I had no idea she meant a real journey. A journey into another world. So I'm going to tell you all about it. About how I saved Hansel. Remember the story of Hansel and Gretel? You know, the kids who got lost in the forest and munched on a gingerbread house? Well, it isn't exactly the story you think. And when I finish telling you what happened to me, and to Hansel, you won't think fairy tales are for little kids anymore.

Til tomorrow--
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment